As the temperatures begin to cool down and the days get shorter, it's important to adjust our skincare routine to keep our skin healthy and radiant. Not only does a proper skincare regime help prevent signs of aging, but it also protects our skin from damage caused by the environment. Here are some fall skincare tips to help you keep your skin looking its best.
Benefits of Skin Care for All Ages
Realizing your skin's specific needs in all seasons can keep it looking youthful and fresh. Using certain products can help prevent damage caused by free radicals and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally, regularly using a moisturizer can help keep your skin hydrated and plump, which also helps to prevent signs of aging.
6 Fall Skincare Tips
When it comes to fall skincare, there are a few key tips to keep in mind.
- Exfoliation: During the cooler months, our skin tends to become more dry. By exfoliating the skin regularly, you can combat dry skin build-up. At City Pointe Beauty Academy, we recommend using a facial scrub like Clinical Care Nitty Gritty. Fall is also what we like to call "chemical peel season". It's the perfect time of the year to receive an exfoliating chemical peel that can help promote growth of new skin layers and over time reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Use a Gentle Cleanser: With the drier fall weather, it's important to use a gentle cleanser that won't strip your skin of its natural oils. Look for a cleanser that is sulfate-free and contains hydrating ingredients like glycerin or hyaluronic acid. Try any of our oil cleansers from the Tuel Moisture Line.
- Incorporate a Facial Oil or Serum: If you naturally battle extra dry skin issues, adding a facial oil or serum to your routine can help provide additional hydration and nourishment. Look for products like Clinical Care Silky Serum or Tuel Hydrate Serum.
- Protect Your Skin: Even as the cooler fall weather brings less intense sun rays, it's ALWAYS important to protect your skin from the elements. Try using Clinical Care Sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful rays, even on cloudy days. And if you're planning on spending time outside, wearing a hat and scarf will help protect your face and neck from the wind.
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize: Regularly using a moisturizer can help keep your skin hydrated and plump, which also helps to prevent signs of aging. Look for a rich moisturizer, like Clinical Care Drench or Tuel Moisture line. And don't forget to apply it to your neck and décolletage as well.
- Take Care of Your Lips: Our lips can also be affected by the cooler weather. Be sure to use a lip balm that contains nourishing ingredients or beeswax to keep your lips soft and smooth. For dry, flakey lips, try an exfoliant like Clinical Care Sugar Lips.
Taking care of your skin is an investment in yourself, and fall is a great time to focus on altering your skincare regime based on it's needs. For a customized skincare routine, call City Pointe today to book a consultation with an Esthetics student and find out the best options for your skin type. And to stock up on any of the great skincare products from Clinical Care or Tuel, visit us in the salon!